ACCESS TO KYELA.
Kyela is reachable from Dar es Salam by:-
1. Buses from the Ubungo bus Terminal daily and the buses leave at 06.00 a.m.The buses are New Force,Hood and Sai Baba with the Marco Polo type of buses and the drive is 12 hours long passing through the Mikumi and Udzungwa national parks.
2. By charter plane from Dar to Mbeya airport, then car hire from Mbeya to Kyela. The durration of the flight is 1hour 20 minutes by Fastjet or Precision Airways and the drive from Mbeya is 2 hours.
3. Car hire from Dar to Kyela which is about an 12 hours drive.
4. By boat from Mbamba bay in Ruvuma within lake Nyasa(Malawi)
4. Other than from Dar es Salaam, Kyela can be reached from anywhere in Tanzania and transport can be arranged.
On the way to Kyela from Dar there is a lot to enjoy on transit. This includes the Mikumi national Park in Morogoro, The Ruaha National park in Iringa, The Selous Game Reserve, The Udzungwa National Park, etc.You are also near Katavi National Park in Sumbawanga as well as the newly Kitulo National park.
You can easily acces Kyela from both South Africa,Zimbabwe,Botswana,Lesotho Malawi and Zambia if you are driving through Kasumulu bordering Malawi and Tunduma bordering Zambia